zigbee module which works at a frequecy of 915 MHz

sharath_412

Joined May 7, 2007
Hi All,
I was searching for zigbee module( wireless personnal area networkl) which works at a frequency of 915 MHz( not 2.4 GHz). Can anyone help me out on this.

regards
sharath

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 915 MHz. is smack dab in the middle of one of the Amateur Radio Bands. You're going to need a license to operate there bud.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 915 MHz. is smack dab in the middle of one of the Amateur Radio Bands. You're going to need a license to operate there bud.
IIRC it's Region 2 under the ITU Region classifications. As for operating there, I know 915MHz is one of the ISM bands used for dielectric heating applications so there is some competition for the band.

Dave

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Yes Region 2 covers most of North and South America, and bands have both primary and secondary users. Secondary users may not cause interference, and must accept interference from primary users. Generally speaking , being a secondary user on a band is...well...challenging.

The following chart does show ISM @ 915 ± 13 MHz. in addition to Radio Location as secondary users
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/osmhome/allochrt.pdf