YouTube free energy generator toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

Joined Nov 13, 2015
I used to think as fool idea to use two motor powering each another as free energy. But watching these type of video (a flywheel load added) I am being confused, does it (or such idea) they work for long use of 1 days or an week?
Regards

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
I used to think as fool idea to use two motor powering each another as free energy.
Exactly-- "free energy" is an idea for gullible fools. If "free energy" were real, it would be powering our civilization.

But watching these type of video (a flywheel load added) I am being confused, does it (or such idea) they work for long use of 1 days or an week?
It doesn't "work", period.

Don't believe every YouTube video you see; it's easy to fake all manner of things, especially before an ignorant, credulous audience-- and fakers abound.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I don't understand why people waste their own time making these fake videos
If they get enough views then advertisers will want to advertise along with their video, thus, they make money.

Or maybe it's just some fool getting a laugh at duping those willing to believe everything they see. I once saw an airplane lose a wing and yet manage to land. Obviously fake. But because it's so popular a video it gets tons of views and the one who created this fiction is getting rich off of advertisers who want their product advertised as much as possible.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
To fool people like the TS. Duh! :confused:
Well I'm a fan of pranks, too. But I prefer to be there to see the looks on their faces. I don't understand the reward here. Do you just sit back and revel in the thought of *probably* having fooled someone half way across the world?

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Do you just sit back and revel in the thought of *probably* having fooled someone half way across the world?
Probably so. After all, haven't we at times posted something silly (or stupid) and laugh to ourselves at the notion that someone may fall for it?

Despite knowing what's going on, sometimes I'll watch just to see how creative people can get. I saw a guy with a small DC motor and a curly-Q of copper wire with a curly pigtail, hung by a zip tie. Obviously no hidden connections. Or wait a minute: Maybe there's a small watch battery inside the motor, and when you short the two terminals together the motor runs. The poster of that video showed how the addition of a 9 volt battery would run the motor even faster, but again, it was done to dupe the public into believing there was something special about a coil of wire supposedly collecting energy right out of the air. HOWEVER: A DC motor with permanent magnets won't run on AC. And a curly-Q (or coil) WON'T collect DC energy.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
If they get enough views then advertisers will want to advertise along with their video, thus, they make money.

Or maybe it's just some fool getting a laugh at duping those willing to believe everything they see. I once saw an airplane lose a wing and yet manage to land. Obviously fake. But because it's so popular a video it gets tons of views and the one who created this fiction is getting rich off of advertisers who want their product advertised as much as possible.
My YouTube channel has been active almost a decade. I have > 1 million views. In that time I've managed to accumulate a whopping $300 sitting in my YouTube account which I am too lazy to claim because I would have to fill out tax forms for the last 9 years.

I hope these free energy people have day jobs.

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
I used to think as fool idea to use two motor powering each another as free energy. But watching these type of video (a flywheel load added) I am being confused, does it (or such idea) they work for long use of 1 days or an week?
Regards
Most free-energy scam videos are pretty easy to spot:
  • Little or no narration/explanation about the working principles of the machine.
  • No useful links in the video description section.
  • Short video duration.
  • Recorded alongside a music sound-track (a pulsating techno beat with the volume turned up way too high seems to be a popular choice).
So why isn't "free-energy" a viable pursuit?
  1. Physical systems tend to settle into states of equilibrium rather than imbalance.
  2. Extracting "useful" work from a system requires imbalanced forces.
  3. The act of channeling a system into an imbalanced state requires energy.
  4. Due to principle (1) some energy also gets "wasted" in the process of accomplishing (3).
But what exactly governs principle (1)? It basically boils down to probability. Counting all possible permutations of microstates within a system, the vast majority lead to equilibrium (that is, high entropy). In other words, it is entirely possible that some device could just spontaneously spew out useful "free" energy forever, it's just that the probability of that happening is so unfathomably low. Simple as that.

Last edited:

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
  1. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
    • Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
    • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
    • LEDs to mains
    • Any kind of jammers (ie - Phone jammers)
    • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
    • Transformer-less power supplies
    If You come across a thread or post discussing any of the above topics please report the thread so We can close, and if necessary remove, the offending thread/posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.