York Pacer 3501 Treadmill

susanmay

Joined Mar 17, 2014
Hi, Hoping someone can Help. I have a York Pacer 3501 Treadmill, I recently received this from my uncle who passed away, but it is not going, I had to purchase a new Safety Key, which then allowed it to be turned on, but now it starts but stops after 4 seconds, I have replaced the speed senor, but the problem is still there, Can anyone please help me. Thanking you in antipication.:(Sue.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hi, Hoping someone can Help. I have a York Pacer 3501 Treadmill, I recently received this from my uncle who passed away, but it is not going, I had to purchase a new Safety Key, which then allowed it to be turned on, but now it starts but stops after 4 seconds, I have replaced the speed senor, but the problem is still there, Can anyone please help me. Thanking you in antipication.:(Sue.
It still seems that it is still a tacho sensor issue.

Does the TM gives an alarm or error?

If the motor stops after starting, it could be possible the uC is not getting the sensor feedback signal.

Is the sensor the correct type and if it is, is it wired correctly ?

Some pictures will help.

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There is usually a ribbed belt on the motor pulley driving the main T.M. belt, remove this and see if the motor stalls, if not then it could be a binding or friction issue.
Max.