XML data

LisaMarie

Joined Jul 6, 2012
My goal is to extend the number of instrument icons allowed in GarageBand so that I can attach a custom icon to an audio unit I built. I don't know if it's even possible, but I wonder if it has anything to do with a file called CodeResources found in the GarageBand folder. It is an xml file that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>files</key>
<dict>
<key>Resources/01B.tiff</key>
<data>
Tm/n5IJUO8BABzSRd0po7bItXHc=
</data>
<key>Resources/01G.tiff</key>
<data>
eGa/MqJcAHwdvMHWz2Spm25jbLw=
</data>
<key>Resources/01H.tiff</key>
<data>
ZfGa29y0Z/O9wvcQdRqe6bXDIkk=
</data>
<key>Resources/01R.tiff</key>
<data>
svg3FAZTRuiGYv9QbPpo74OOgq0=
</data>
<key>Resources/01S.tiff</key>
<data>
3BFZRbKKyo/W6M3XXJ48+1U7CCY=
</data>
<key>Resources/02B.tiff</key>
<data>
q1/H/5FIoSR6lXJPQ2624RYZoMI=
</data>
. . .

The tiffs that are in the "keys" are located in the Resources file folder and I understand that. I'm unsure about the "data" portion. I'm new to all this, so after my googling, I've learned that this is UTF-8 encoded data.

My questions are:
1. What exactly is the data? Is it information read by GarageBand that tells the program when to use these tiffs?
2. Could I add my own tiffs to this list?
2a. If so, how do I encode data to go along with my tiffs?

I hope I said that clearly. Thanks for reading this. I appreciate any help I can get!

-Lisa Marie

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I'd say it looks more like base 64 data.

Try copying one of the data/key pairs and see what the software does with that, then you can start tweaking values...

LisaMarie

Joined Jul 6, 2012
In case anyone wanted to know, the CodeResources file has nothing to do with adding an icon to the list of icons in GarageBand. It has to do with code signing.

So back to the drawing board...