XBee point to multipoint

RodSTAR

Joined Jan 3, 2008
Hello all, :)
I want to know if somebody can help me on the following.

-WHAT I HAVE: :rolleyes:
I have 5 XBee PRO modules version 1 with updated firmware with X-CTU software.

-WHAT I WANT: ;)
I want to use 1 of them as master, and the rest connect directly to master.
Master will send instructions as many times per second as it can to the 4 slaves and then, each one returns immediatly feedback.
I want to use it at 115kbps, the distance is about 100 meters (300+ feet), in visual line (no obstacles).

So... first, master (DL0) will send to first slave (DL1), then to second slave (DL2), and so on... so,

-WHAT IS MY PROBLEM: :mad:
My problem is that X-CTU recognizes them as XBP24 (not as XBP24-B)in which in the "Function Set" list doesn't list any item as "..Coordinator..." or "..Router...". I've seen lots of tutorials and in all of them they asume and have those coordinator and router functions sets.

-SO MY QUESTIONS: :confused:

Nice, does it work for this:
Q1: does it mean that the microcontroller should change XBee's DL each time it changes slave?, can that be done?,

Q2: if it can be done, it should be done with AT commands or with API.... sorry, i'm completely new at this.

Ahother question: my available Function Sets are:
-XBEE PRO 802.15.4
-XBEE PRO 802.15.4 NON-BEACON
-XBEE PRO 802.15.4 DIGITAL IO ADAPTER
-XBEE PRO 802.15.4 RS232 POWER HARVESTER
-XBEE PRO 802.15.4 ANALOG IO ADAPTER
..version is 10CD

THE question is:
Q3: Which Function Set should i choose (from the above)?

Q4: How will master know which slave is sending data?

trully thanks for help;), i've had this experiment freezed for about 1 year because of these lack of information.

RodSTAR

Joined Jan 3, 2008
I had a similar problem, two years ago, and I couldn't solve it using the Xbee internal features, due to the lack of info. Then I decided to use my software to overcome this limitation. I have one master that Tx and all the three slaves receive the master Tx but only the one with the proper pass will answer back. All the time a slave answer, it will send the proper pass before the data so that master will know which slave did send the data. Both slave and master will acknowledge data receipt, if no acknoledge is received (timeout) both slaves and master will re-transmit the string.

Alberto
Alberto,
Yes, i've been figuring that's the fastest solution up to now, and i'm implementing it in MPLAB/C18, using XBee as a replacement of a wire, without special XBee commands. However, I would prefer to take advantage of those special functions available in XBee's hardware/firmware, to make communication more efficient (more data per time unit (i.e. per second)), and i'm trying to find help on that issue, thank you very much.