X2444P non-volatile static ram EEPROM with a VEX (PIC18F8520) controller/ arduino

bfan94

Joined Mar 2, 2011
I have a X2444p chiplisted as non-volatile static ram that i would like to use with the Vex microcontroller(PIC18F8520)/arduino(still waiting). I have the data sheet and a very limited understanding of how the timing diagrams and synchronous serial communications work... the Vex API doesn't have any functions for simplifying the process. I would like to just be able to write data and then read it primarily as a starting point for learning and a proof of concept. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
The PIC18F8520 has 1024 bytes of EEPROM. That can be used for data. In the Vex system all of it is free for user. So I think you do not need the X2444P unit. It is just a tip

bfan94

Joined Mar 2, 2011
Thanks for the response, I know that the Vex controller has its own memory I was looking for the experience of using a clocked serial port. I found the chip on an old board and it would be a good test before i actual buy something using a similar interface.