would u please help me in my sun tracker project

zeeba

Joined Sep 26, 2010
would u plese help me in my sun tracker project
hi

application:

1-I want some suggestions for simple applications to my suntracker project.

basecally the solar pannel will track the sun and save the power in some battries and use it to supply another load.

what would that load be ? I want something in life that the sun tracker would be usefull to use with.
like some thing in desert or sea .

about sensors

2- what is the defference between the LDR, photoresister and the photo cell ?
which one is better to use it as a sensor?

3-If I put 2 LDR s as sensors on a solar pannel and compare the two reading in order to track the sun. do you think that would work ?is it accurate?

thats all 4 now thanQ

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
You can track the sun using relatively simple math. Given the current time and date, and your longitude and latitude on the Earth you can predict sunset, sunrise and the approximate position of the sun in the sky.

A load? Well, think about things that could be useful: charging a laptop, or phone, for example. Recharging a dead car battery. Perhaps even try running something more powerful like a portable television.

zeeba

Joined Sep 26, 2010
right now I am using 2 LDRs
but my friend adviced me to use solar cells as sensors instaide of the LDR.
he said that you can't find 2 LDRs give the same voltage if you tested them under same conditions so if you use them, your system will not operate correct because LDR have nonlinearity errors. what do you think ?? Is he right?