Would this FM transmitter work?

cornishlad

Joined Jul 31, 2013
Quite possibly...but with only one low q tuned circuit in the whole thing it's likely to transmit spurious signal all over the place, inclusing some AM I expect.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Yes. I found a program that calculates a parabolic director made of aluminum foil and cardboard. A peanut can is similar.:D

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
It will probably work, but it's going to be annoyingly unstable, i.e. moving a hand near the antenna will shift the frequency, as well as any variation in the supply voltage.

cornishlad

Joined Jul 31, 2013
It will probably work, but it's going to be annoyingly unstable, i.e. moving a hand near the antenna will shift the frequency, as well as any variation in the supply voltage.
Right answer to the wrong question ! LOL Glad I'm not the only one who does that sort of thing .

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Yes, that is probably the world's oldest and best-proven DIY FM transmistter (I first saw it in a 1966 Popular Electronics Magazine and have made many since. It is very forgiving circuit and has never disappointed. Yes, hand capacitance can cause frequency shift.

If you use this variation, you can largely escape the frequency shift problem.
http://cappels.org/dproj/FMVFO/fmvfo.htm

cornishlad

Joined Jul 31, 2013
Calculations, proofs, programs.

How about an answer to Shagas' question? :confused:
Ok..It was ME that got confused :confused: Shagras's question was "does it work" If I had read more carefully I would have seen that it as in fact directed to ErnieM. Your response was spot on and I saw it was an answer to the OPs question. humble grovelling. lesson learned, I MUST read Very carefully...