Working on Li-Fi (or VLC), need some help here.

• Thread starter Deleted member 233300
  • Start date

Greyinks

Joined Mar 25, 2015
Hey Easha,

I'm new in the VLC field & i'm working on similair project, & i'm stuck ... i have no idea what i'm doing, so guess i need your help any avaible schematics + codes

Thanks, & i'm waiting for your reply.

Greyinks

Joined Mar 25, 2015
Project based on Li-Fi (visual light communication) consist sending diffrent kind of data from your Laptop to your phone or tablette or another laptop through light

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
A quick Google check reveals that Li-Fi is an abbreviation for a subset of optical wireless communications. VLC is an open source video playback application. I should explain that we are mostly electronic hobbyists. We are not industrial or academic researchers. The kind of systems you are requesting require specialized knowledge and equipment that we just do not possess. A good place to start is with IR (infrared) protocols. They use LEDs just like OWC (Optical Wireless Communications), and a variety of modulation techniques just like OWC. I suggest that you will need to do a great deal more research than you have done to date in order to play in this sandbox.

I also know that amateur radio operators who work in the 10 GHz. to 405 GHz range use rifle scopes to aim their dishes at the receivers 4 miles or so away on the next mountain top. Get yourself a Cabela's Club card before you go shopping.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Well, i've done some researches & i've seen that some were able to get to the result, & IR isn't VLC ...
I never said IR was the same as VLC since I still don't know what VLC means in your context. The top Google hits indicate that it is an open source videao playback application. That is as far as I went. You can ignore my suggestion that you study IR protocols if you like, that is your prerogative. You still have not defined the requirements of your project so I'm not sure we can help you without more details of what you are trying to accomplish. You said you have no idea what you are doing so my advice was predicated on the words out of your own keyboard -- so to speak.

Let me try again:
  1. You're going to need an optical transmitter. An LED would be a good place to start.
  2. You're going to need a way to modulate the LED. Pulse Position modulation would be a place to start.
  3. You're going to need a receiver. A photo diode, or photo transistor would be places to start.
  4. You need a way to demodulate the signal. A micro controller is indicated here.
Once you've accomplished those tasks you can work on improving the range or the datarate or any other parameter. It might be your preference that we just hand you a finished product without the necessity for you to do any work at all. If I had such a thing I'd be glad to do that, but I don't. Maybe somebody else does and is willing to share. If not you're just going to have to do it yourself.

Last edited:

Greyinks

Joined Mar 25, 2015
Well, i need to interface the Arduino IDE with some kind of java interface so i can browse those files & data from my laptop to send them with arduino, using light

Greyinks

Joined Mar 25, 2015
@Shamonto Hasan Easha , thank you so much ... you've mentioned that you already sent sound. Would you mind show me the circuit diagram & the code please?! I'd be gratefull.
Well, i'm doing my best to learn but, as you said it's a sea ... & i'm lost & i'm way behind my schedule ... Would you help me!

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

The circuit in post #19 will be sensitive to ambient light.
When an AC lamp is in the surroundings, hum will be heard.

Bertus