Wondering how to do a certain process

ssolitare

Joined Nov 29, 2010
Two standby modes: one that powers IR and CPU (which has it's on standby mode too but not shown), and another that powers clock and memory.

The battery sends power to the clock and memory when prompted to turn on by the CPU. Though if I don't need the battery that's better. I just want the clock and flash to be standby mode 2, but rely on standby mode 1 to be powered.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
This one is to complicated to follow through 'word pictures'. I think we will need something more 'pictorial' in nature.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010

A CPU can take of 'power modes' easily, but needs to have a standby power source - as you stated.

The operating program will 'wake up' the processor at pre-determined intervals to check on the outside world conditions, then back to sleep

What are you doing exactly? Would be easier to help you if we could not be so GENERIC in this process.

ssolitare

Joined Nov 29, 2010
Oooh, I see.

Well I am in winter school and the first day in electronics class (I have no experience in this area) the professor was like "make the most efficient standby mode for this DVR" to the class and didn't give us anything but some schematics. I have no idea why he's doing this yet.

So I need the clock and memory but only so that the system can remember to auto turn on when it's supposed to record. If it's not going to record ever then I'll have everything but the IR and necessary cpu functions that enable the system to turn ON again, OFF.

I made a lot of concepts, but need help with it.

Last edited:

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Oooh, I see.

Well I am in winter school and the first day in electronics class (I have no experience in this area) the professor was like "make the most efficient standby mode for this DVR" to the class and didn't give us anything but some schematics. I have no idea why he's doing this yet.
first day in electronics class ???:eek: Geez !! this guy don't want much does he ??

Hopefully I missed a boat somewhere, and you have some basic electricity / electronics in there somewhere.............

[[[ subject to deletion ]]]

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
I have to agree. Your FIRST DAY of class? Your teacher wants you to produce a DVR?

Woah!

This must be the first day of the 30th Semester.

I cant do it, and I have been studying electronics for a week! ;)

ssolitare

Joined Nov 29, 2010
Well it has helped me learn what a resistor is by my own efforts instead of his lol.

I don't he expects us to succeed at all, but I don't wanna lose =P.

ssolitare

Joined Nov 29, 2010
Well it has helped me learn what a resistor is by my own efforts instead of his lol.

I don't he expects us to succeed at all, but I don't wanna lose =P. And each day he teaches us a little something to go with it.

ssolitare

Joined Nov 29, 2010
Oh.. So he tells you that the DVR is the FINAL project, and is teaching you little by little..

Is that it?
Yup. Well it's winter school so he has to cover a lot of ground on a single day. It's a class to teach us the basics and I'm in it now actually :). Next week is the last week.

Everything that he's taught so far I basically already know because of this 'project'. But it's just the basics until we get to the heavier math parts later this week (already learned the laws).

That's most likely his plan.

1mW to blow up my DVR you mean? :D

ssolitare

Joined Nov 29, 2010
Oh okay I see what you mean, thanks. That will be enough?

Today I actually see what Kermit is saying even more now, so I'm gonna try to finish the concept today.

Then I have to go back to the old schematics and show the prof why my system is more efficient than the one he gave me.