Wiring Layout on BB. Help

ecjohnny

Joined Jul 16, 2005
Hi... i need help to make the best layout(breadboard) for my project and i know some software can do this. Can anyone with such software kind enough to help me on this.
Conditions: My circuit should take up as little space as possible and will be at the corner of the breadboard and the wires must not overlap and as minimum wire as possible also practical to make any other connection:
Components :
1)5V regulator using 7805 (3 pin)
2)555 timer (8DIP)
3)A single pulser circuit using 74175 (Quad D-FFs) (16DIP)
4)7408 (Quad AND gates) (16 DIP)
5)pushbutton 4 pin (take up 3 by 3 hole on BB)
6) some resistors & capacitor (2 pins)

Schematics/ connections :

Thanks for the help.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
ecjohnny, do you mean breadboard or printed circuit board (PCB)? I have not heard of software to layout a breadboard. Eagle is a good software to use to design PCBs, and I have used it on several occasions.
Der Strom

ecjohnny

Joined Jul 16, 2005
Breadboard. So there is no software that does this ? i know the BB is for circuit testing only but these circuit will be wired "permanently" on my BB for testing of course.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Google "PICAXE pebble WestAust55"

As far as "wires not overlapping" - good luck with that.

[eta]
I'm not trying to be mean here. It will do you no good for someone else to lay it out for you, as you will then accept that other people are better at doing the task than you are.

You need to work at doing the layout yourself in order to gain proficiency. It isn't easy, particularly at first. But, the more you work at it, the better you will get at it.

Last edited:

stinky111

Joined Apr 7, 2011
ecjohnny, do you mean breadboard or printed circuit board (PCB)? I have not heard of software to layout a breadboard. Eagle is a good software to use to design PCBs, and I have used it on several occasions.
Der Strom
Guys, Im currently using Multisim 10, in class & there is a 3D breadboard layout option withen this software which works pretty good, however not all components are available for every circuit.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
When I setup a breadboard circuit I use "jumper wires". I find them very versatile and they provide very robust connections.

I have left the days of the stripped single wire long behind me...

ecjohnny

Joined Jul 16, 2005
Sorry to bring the post up again.
Thank for that PICAXE pebble WestAust55 but is there any software that can do the placement automatically for me? (e.g.i will input the schematic/ place the components on BB and it will route/make my circuit for me into the small and nice size as in my 1st post. )?

if there issnt then i guess i have to think and do it manually.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
I think you should do it yourself - the experience is very valuable and you will not be able to picture how the circuit is designed until you have a physical prototype on hand. At least for me, there is something about virtual design tht makes it too easy to place components next too each other that should be far apart (think heat dissipation etc). I had to do a PCB for a circuit without breadboarding it and it was very difficult to come up with a good layout. So fiddling around with real parts is probably the best