Wireshark - SSL matter - after searching for 'ssl' got nothing - used wireless laptop

lse123

Joined Oct 17, 2006
Wireshark - SSL matter - after searching for 'ssl' got nothing - used wireless laptop

After Login (recorded always by WireShark) to Paypal and GoDaddy.com, I get some data in wireshark trace, but after searching for 'ssl' I get nothing, well where is the problem?

WireShark sniffs all packets independently of where belong in Layer Stack?
all packets go the screen of wireshark without, have to choose what's layer's[in stack] packers to appear? later can apply filter? these are true?

SiO

Joined Sep 12, 2011

After Login (recorded always by WireShark) to Paypal and GoDaddy.com, I get some data in wireshark trace, but after searching for 'ssl' I get nothing, well where is the problem?

WireShark sniffs all packets independently of where belong in Layer Stack?
all packets go the screen of wireshark without, have to choose what's layer's[in stack] packers to appear? later can apply filter? these are true?

Make sure you capture the entire packet, not only heathers.
(wireshark has an option to avoid the capture of payload to make your trace file lighter - make sure it is disabled)