wireless usb hub with card reader using bluetooth module

jit_23

Joined Nov 9, 2010
hi. i'm a graduating computer engineering student of letran - calamba. in order to graduate, we have to make our thesis/project feasible. our group's project is entitled wireless USB hub with card reader using bluetooth module. it is all about making a common USB hub wireless with bluetooth as its transmission medium. the problem is, we don't have any idea regarding the circuitry of the usb hub. we don't have any concept on how we will start our project. i tried google searching for techniques or concepts but to no avail. please help us. thank you.

Artikbot

Joined Nov 7, 2010
Do you have any experience on electronics?

Because if you're wanting to do an ISB hub from scratch that transmits data via a bluetooth module... Sounds to me it's gonna be hard :S

magnethead

Joined Nov 9, 2010
I would agree. Even making a bluetooth to USB adapter would be rather challenging, i would think. Not saying it can't nor hasn't been done (see: bluetooth keyboards) but it's challenging.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
What is that saying about the creek and the paddle?? And being up it???

;)

Well, the first thing to do is visit the USB and BLUETOOTH websites to get info on the standards.

I would also look into a usb bit banged type system or a I2C buss system where the USB IC can communicate with the Bluetooth IC.

But first I would buy a paddle. :D