Wireless Transmitter

phoxes

Joined Dec 30, 2011
Hi -

Need a bit of help. I purchased a pre-built circuit from overseas that is supposed to be a 315MHz / 433.92MHz Wireless Transmitter Board Module. It's supposed to work with a relay receiver board that I purchased from the same company. Of course there is no manual with either, although I figured out the receiver relay, as it also works with standard garage door transmitters. The transmitter board has an antenna output, and 3 pins, labeled GROUND, VCC, DATA respectively. I was hoping that somehow all I would need to do is supply power to a pin on this transmitter, and it would transmit a signal to the relay receiver. Was I overly optimistic, or is this little board meant to be hooked up to some sort of controller? I hope I'm making sense.

Here is a link to the board I'm questioning if it helps. It has pictures and a few specs, but other than that doesn't say much.

http://www.dinodirect.com/315MHz-433-92MHz-Wireless-Transmitting-Board-Module-ZF-4.html?cur=AUD

Thank you in advance for any input, suggestion, help you can give.

Matt

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The link you gave tripped our spam sensors, causing this post to be automatically moderated. I have approved it. Feel free to carry on.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
What receiver module do you have?

This transmitter seems to be needing an encoder to be useful for anything.
Example:http://www.linxtechnologies.com/products/integrated-circuits/

Depending on the receiver u are using you might be able to detect that a carrier is being sent when you apply a HIGH signal to the data input of the transmitter. (It uses ASK)

However, you would detect that carrier for every transmitter that is used nearby.

phoxes

Joined Dec 30, 2011

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
What are you supposed to do with that without instructions??!!

The receiver responds either to a fixed code (which?) or has learning capability.

I would contact the manufacturer/distributor.

When I google "AK-RK01S" it usually comes with a transmitter.

phoxes

Joined Dec 30, 2011
Thanks again. I sent a message to the manufacturer, and I'll see if I ever get a reply. I did purchase a set with the transmitter. The transmitters are standard key-fob style. I was hoping I could get away with using the $2 transmitter board, and include it in my custom circuit instead of taking apart the key-fob and wiring it in directly. But these things are cheap enough (key-fob), I guess it wouldn't be that big of an inconvenience.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Thanks again. I sent a message to the manufacturer, and I'll see if I ever get a reply. I did purchase a set with the transmitter. The transmitters are standard key-fob style. I was hoping I could get away with using the $2 transmitter board, and include it in my custom circuit instead of taking apart the key-fob and wiring it in directly. But these things are cheap enough (key-fob), I guess it wouldn't be that big of an inconvenience.
Open the keyfob and try to find out what encoder they use.

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
Looks like a PT2264.
Doesn't seem to be easily available around here.

It uses a fixed code so you would probably be able to replicate it with a small PIC (10f... or 12f...). Possibly also with other encoder chips but one would have to compare their datasheets meticulously to find a suitable one.
I guess that's too much work, right?:rolleyes:

phoxes

Joined Dec 30, 2011
Probably so. I need to make about 40 units, and the key-fob looks like i can easily solder into the existing button switch. I think I can order the key-fob for ~$5 a piece so cost saving is negligible. I just haven't had any experience in this RF department so I really didn't know what I was getting into by looking at the $2 board. I was just 'hoping' it was a quick and cheap alternative to the key-fob. Thanks for all your help!