Wireless Sensor Network using ZigBee Protocol

schnnegi

Joined Sep 24, 2008
Hi friends I am Sachin Negi.I am Doing my MTech project on ZigBee protocol using microchip PICDEMZ kit + PIC18LF4620 controller.
I have to give different sensor's output to receiver side.Three ZigBee kits are programmed as transmitter and one as a receiver.
I am unable to establish addressing b/w them.
How one can address these devices in a ZigBee Network.(Means how can one understood that this node data is coming fron this particular device)
Thanks friends to read this!

Alberto

Joined Nov 7, 2008
You must downlod datasheet from texas instruments and very likely texas should also have some software tool for setting the zigbee device address and general setup.

Another way is that along with the string you send out also the address so that only the receiver with that address name will respond.

Alberto

nanovate

Joined May 7, 2007
Also Texas as microchip is part of the Compliant Platforms so, relating to the RF part, info of one member should works also for the other members, otherwise the word "COMPLIANTPLATFORM" is meaningless.
If my platform is from Microchip why would I look at Texas Instruments for information on how to set-up my platform. Compliant does not equal identical.

You must downlod datasheet from texas instruments and very likely texas should also have some software tool for setting the zigbee device address and general setup.
Does Texas Instruments develop Zigbee software for Microchip?

schnnegi

Joined Sep 24, 2008
Thanks nanovate and Alberto.
Friends I am using Microchip Stack v1.0-3.8
Also using microchip RF daughter card. here using stack AN965.

I changed the MSB of MAC address in zigbee.def file but I am unable to receive different short addresses for these RFDs.