Wireless LED control

CTRL+X

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Looking for some sort of simple solution for the following....

Want to transmit an audible "beep" from a headphone jack, wirelessly to an LED that will blink at the same interval, or even just light up (doesn't necessarily have to blink).

Without building a circuit from scratch, is there some components I could cobble together to accomplish this?
I.e., I could tear apart a cheap $10 2ch RC car, and use the audio signal to trigger the transmitter?

Just looking for some idea's, maybe another approach I haven't thought off.

CTRL+X

Joined Jul 1, 2009
So I got a cheap RC car ($6). The transmitter runs off of 3v. I wired an LED in place of the motor, and jumped the transmitter switch to on for that function. When power is applied to the transmitter, of course the led attached to the receiver lights up... great.
I then used the headphone jack signal as the power source to the transmitter.
When the radar detector beeps, the transmitter is activated and shows this by the transmitter LED blinking in correspondence to the jack signal. The problem is that there is a delay in the receiver from the time the transmitter signals, to the receiver processing the signal to activate power.
Since the transmitter is activating in bursts corresponding to the beeping, it's too short to activate the receiver.
I guess I need to find a way to turn the beeping from the radar detector into a more solid signal.