Wireless Headphones Buttons

frunch

Joined Jan 19, 2011
Hey, AAC!

I am trying to take apart these wireless headphones what work amazingly well but, in my opinion, look horrible and put them into Sony MDR-150s. I have taken apart the wireless headphones and found out what's what etc. What I am stuck with is how to connect the buttons on the board to maybe this tactile switch so I can have them sticking out round the edge of the ear cups of the MDRs. Am I thinking of this in the right way? If it's not possible I guess I will just have to put some sort of button on the face of the ear cups.

Also is there any way to re-position the charging port?

Any help at all would be highly appreciated!

If you need any other photos/ bigger ones I can get them. (was only allowed to post 6)

frunch

Joined Jan 19, 2011
Wow! Thanks for the incredibly fast reply and image.

I will give it shot. Is there a certain way I need to attach wire to the switch?
Is it just one wire per prong and then attach one side of wires to one part of the dish and the other to the other part of the dish?

Does that make sense..?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

With an ohm meter you can test the tacktical switch.
There will be two pairs of contacts that are connected.
Between the pairs the switch is located.

Bertus

frunch

Joined Jan 19, 2011
Hmm this isn't working. It is treating it as if it was constantly being held down.

(Holding down the power button for certain periods of time makes it function differently).

Last edited:

frunch

Joined Jan 19, 2011
I don't have one of those.. I will buy one tomorrow if they are not overly expensive.

Also I don't quite understand the diagram. I'm a bit of a newbie. Only done a few projects.

I hope you are still up for helping me tomorrow :)