Wireless electrical transmission and cars

canlooc_canupao

Joined Dec 25, 2009
during the AC-DC war Tesla came up with the idea of wireless energy transmission. it was told that he has a transmitter in niagara and was able to transmit power to an electric car. you may want to google on that to see more then rethink your project...you may want to continue tesla's experiment.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You mean Niagara Falls, right? I've never heard any mention of an electric car, it was supposed to be ground bases, which would have been impressive enough. It supposedly worked by using the earth as a conductor also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

A "world system" for "the transmission of electrical energy without wires" that depends upon the electrical conductivity of the earth was proposed in which transmission in various natural media with current that passes between the two points are used to power devices. In a practical wireless energy transmission system using this principle, a high-power ultraviolet beam might be used to form a vertical ionized channel in the air directly above the transmitter-receiver stations. The same concept is used in virtual lightning rods, the electrolaser electroshock weapon,[52] and has been proposed for disabling vehicles.[53][54]

Tesla demonstrated "the transmission of electrical energy without wires" that depends upon electrical conductivity as early as 1891. The Tesla effect (named in honor of Tesla) is a term for an application of this type of electrical conduction (that is, the movement of energy through space and matter; not just the production of voltage across a conductor).[21]:174[55]
A lot of over unity types love to point to Tesla at the same time they are pointing out their favorite scammer, but the fact was he was a scientist, he documented his work, it was repeatable, and he enhanced science and knowledge, he didn't withhold details to obfuscate the issue. Concerning his wireless power transmission, I've never seen anything to say it was repeated, but even if it worked (which there is doubt) there are good commercial reasons it wasn't retried. It is making a comeback for recharging small devices on a short range scale, using different principals of physics.

People who think they can get energy for nothing don't really understand science or how it is used.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
My word - I just followed the link in post #3. That is the greatest collection of utterly biased and unsubstantiated rant (outside of flying saucer and overunity device sites) I have ever seen.

No source is attributed, no opinion has anything to back it up. Amazing that someone pays money to keep this site running. If there is some amazing invention that purports to cure the ills pointed out, I did not go far enough to find it.

Really, people do not need to have absolute hogwash like that thrown at them as if it were factual.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Has anyone heard of the wireless power transfer that is working? I remember an article I read a while back saying some university had made some pretty big strides in wireless power transfer. They didn't have anything yet that would work for any real use but it was supposed to be a proof of concept that worked. They said they were hoping to be able to transfer power from the atmosphere to the earth in 50 years.

Also how does that power mat on TV work? They claim its wireless but its touching the mat. I imagine they just made a grid with + and - rails and the phone or whatever just connects with the rails when you put it on the mat.

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I know that some current university projects are based on wireless power transfer. As far as I know, they are trying to optimize inductive power coupling.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I remember reading they found it followed the inverse distance squared law. Only a university would spend 240 plus watts to receive 60 watts at a distance of two meters.

I know that some current university projects are based on wireless power transfer. As far as I know, they are trying to optimize inductive power coupling.
Air is 1. Inverse distance squared law is still a factor. Other factors come into play as the distance increases.

canlooc_canupao

Joined Dec 25, 2009
My word - I just followed the link in post #3. That is the greatest collection of utterly biased and unsubstantiated rant (outside of flying saucer and overunity device sites) I have ever seen.

No source is attributed, no opinion has anything to back it up. Amazing that someone pays money to keep this site running. If there is some amazing invention that purports to cure the ills pointed out, I did not go far enough to find it.

Really, people do not need to have absolute hogwash like that thrown at them as if it were factual.
Its fun reading the site though...