windows help

sharma2k7

Joined Dec 10, 2007
whenever i restarts my notebook one window opens (windows file host)

it displays cannot find script file "C:\windows\system32\killVBS.vbs

please help me what is the reason for that and how to overcome that i'm using windows xp profess service pack2

recca02

Joined Apr 2, 2007
My advice would be to perform a scan with an antivirus.

run msconfig see if u can find anything suspicious in startup.uncheck if any.

if this does not solve your problem google "C:\windows\system32\killVBS.vbs"i found several hits related to it.

also to reduce susceptibility to virus turn autorun off for all removable drives like thumb drives etc....u can do this using tweak ui (download from Microsoft.com)

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
whenever i restarts my notebook one window opens (windows file host)

it displays cannot find script file "C:\windows\system32\killVBS.vbs

please help me what is the reason for that and how to overcome that i'm using windows xp profess service pack2
Its a virus. Treat any Visual Basic Script (VBS-file) with caution - remember the ILoveU virus.

Can you download HijackThis and provide a log?

In the meantime, download AVG Anti-spyware (free). Install and update it.

Boot your PC into safe mode (restart your PC and when you see the BIOS screen repeatedly tap F8 - you will boot to safe mode from there).

Scan your PC in safe mode using AVG - this should pick up the virus. It is also advised that you do an AV, Ad-aware and Spybot scans whilst in safe mode (download Ad-aware and Spybot if need be).

Restart you PC. We then need to fix your HJT log...

Dave

its a spyware script wich runs during the start up....try a clean boot if u can boot thro safe mode

search wats a " clean boot fro windows xp"

or scan with hijack this as mentioned earlier