Wind gen cc

Patches

Joined Feb 7, 2013
Have a 12 v PM diy wid gen. Can I use a old delco remy1118200 regulator three pole for the charge controller regulator is from 1947 Massey Harris or should I just get a DC- DC controller thanks

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
You need to provide more detail. Is your generator making DC? When you say it is 12V, does that mean it is already regulated? Assuming not, what is the maximum voltage you're device will see? How much current is your generator capable of producing?

Patches

Joined Feb 7, 2013
Motor was a 12 v PM from a atv winch read a artical about using this regulator accually came from 1939 vehical but they never came back on to finish the chat I think he had a generator from a older VW brushed I assume

Patches

Joined Feb 7, 2013
I have a older Trace DR series inverter charger that doesn't work but full of major caps diodes etc that if I knew enough I'd probably be able to build a cc

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
no, an older car regulator will not work, especially a permanant magnet motor used as a generator with a car regulator. the car regulator workd by controling the current through the field to regulate the output current, how could you regulate the magnetic field from permanant magnets? you will need a series or shunt regulator of proper size.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
that might work. just dont forget that you have to close the cutout relay dontacts on the regulator before starting the generator, that re magnetizes the fields. if you dont, it might be reverse magnetized and not work.