wind energy project

elecidiot

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hi people presently i am working about wind turbines coupled with PMSM (permanent magnet synchronous machine) in MATLAB simulink. My goal is to extract maximum power from wind turbine. For that I have to run the PMSM at a specific rpm for a particular wind velocity say 1.2 per unit of base gen speed by changing the load. The problem is I cannot make the machine run at 1.2 pu by changing the load. Either i can make the PMSM run from 1.5 pu and above or it runs at 0.6 pu and below. Can some one suggest any idea?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Hi people presently i am working about wind turbines coupled with PMSM (permanent magnet synchronous machine) in MATLAB simulink. My goal is to extract maximum power from wind turbine. For that I have to run the PMSM at a specific rpm for a particular wind velocity say 1.2 per unit of base gen speed by changing the load. The problem is I cannot make the machine run at 1.2 pu by changing the load. Either i can make the PMSM run from 1.5 pu and above or it runs at 0.6 pu and below. Can some one suggest any idea?
I believe this is a software question and has nothing to do with "circuits".

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Im rather confused by the question/request myself.

Are you asking if you can gear this differently?

Or have you considered Maximum Power Point Tracking?

It isn't only for solar. This is used for wind powered electric pumps all the time.