Will it work ? Any ideas?

joshremlin

Joined Apr 27, 2013
I want to do a door opener, im stripping all the wiring, motor ect out of a car door to pull the door open and closed im thinking off keeping the switch has a over ride but were can i get a timer or sencer from for it to be done automatic?

Will the car window stuff have limiters to stop the door once open or closed?

How i want it to work is.....

Power source a 12v car battery with a solar panel trickle charger to ensure i does'nt die on me

Homemade door and runner with a wire to pull it open and close i opted for a window motor with it going both ways

The original window switch to over ride if needed

And some sort of timer for a switch but how would i get them both wired up will i need a new mother board?

I was good a doing this stuff and following plans a few years ago but i need to mater a plan to get this to work, if you can give me any imput to help me out please do so to help me out

joshremlin

Joined Apr 27, 2013
Its for a chicken coop but i thought this would be the better way with having the motor and everything to hand for free i now it will most likely work with the switch and everything wired as it is in the car door but replacing the window with a door :) but i can manually stop it when its fully open or closed and the trickle charger should work as it should but i do need it to open and close on its own some times but im worried it will just carry on trying to pull the door up and brake it if i just wire up a timer I've seen on ebay and if it will only work with one or the other as a switch.

If the motor and stuff in the car door doesn't have like a limit switch to automatically stop it or turn it off were do i get something from and how would i wire it up ?

Thank you for your reply

joshremlin

Joined Apr 27, 2013
Oh and how will i get the timer to close it after pulling it up because it the timer comes on again and night it will try to pull it more wont it? And if its not possible i can override it every night to go down