WHY was my post flagged about the light on a dirtbike???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cr_rydah02

Joined Apr 18, 2011
For some reason, there has been some misunderstanding.. my dirt-bike has NO LIGHTS.. and it didnt come from the factory with lights... i posted a diagram of the electrical system for all to see.. im unsure as to why my posting was locked..????? what is so wrong with trying to learn something?? my ignorance is not your websites liability, and this website and or its members are not responsible for any stupid things i may do in my garage.. Im only 25 years old, but what happened to the good old days when people didnt sue at the drop of a hat.. this is frustrating...

This website should be encouraging its members to help ignorant people such as myself.. not shun them! Im here because i WANT to learn how to do things the right way...

Is there some way i could repost something that was within the rules of this website??

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
It happens that we have guideline that prevent discussion of lighting mods -
Guidelines for automotive electronics help

1. Modifications to the ECU or engine sensors are not topics for discussion. Too many safety and legal issues come up. Air quality and safety trump performance.

2. Any homemade wiring modifications to signal or head lighting, or penetrations through the fiewall are not for discussion. The lighting function is to too critical for non-approved wiring and connectors. Many safety issues are involved. Preventing chafing in wires passing through driver-made holes is impossible to guarantee.

3. Add-on items that exist in the passenger spaces is generally okay. Exceptions are lights flashing to music and similar driver distractions. Assurances that the color organ will only get operated while sitting still is not credible.

Each OP should keep in mind the very public nature of these forums. While he may be able to install requested changes in a safe manner, there are others that may be tempted to do the same with no prior experience for guidance or proper tools for the work.

One further constraint to advice/help exists. We are international, but mostly have an audience here in the US. That means that we have to insist that aftermarket equipment must conform with US federal guidelines.

We have to choose a path between withholding all advice for fear of any possible harm, and simple telling anybody everything they wish, as they will only get the information on some other forum anyway. Neither extreme is sensible.
We mat be about to expand this to include all automotive work, of whatever kind.

Do it the right way is to get an approved lighting kit, if available. Having a connection go bad at speed and at night can get real fatal.

Status
Not open for further replies.