Why u love Electronics and what do u get from it?

tle43233041

Joined Nov 5, 2007
Hi i just need to know why u love it and what u can get from it ?
For me on my first time dosn't call "love" but call "work" but after 1-2 years i feel love it and wish i'll rich from it hahaha eventhough i not yet see that way.i feel fun and happy when i have an idae about it and it will be perfect if my idea come true.:)
So how about u guys:cool:
cheer

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Several things, I'm good at it. That's always nice. It is also the nearest thing to magic we have on this planet, another plus.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

Everything Bill and beenthere said, plus it is nice to help others with less understanding of electronics.
You will get satified when you can fix things for others and yourself.

Greetings,
Bertus

Electronics can be a gateway to may different things. I have worked on optical data storage and telecommunications. I have recently spoken with people in start-ups in robotic toys and alternative fuel engines. Another recent conversation was with a company that wants to build antennas for unmanned aerial vehicles.

Electronics are everywhere and you never know where they will lead you...

Besides, working on them can have a very therapeutic effect.

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
I've always liked the copmlicated aspect of electronics, and being able to comprehend most of it. In addition to all that everyone has said above, it's fun. Period. ;)

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Electronerd,you have the time to take all the courses that will make you an all round
electonics expert.A law degree will help you make thinks complete.I would like to see a list of model and serial no. of repair Items.There a lot of time devote to flashing leds. Would like to see like of things that go market from this site. We need complete a product,breadboards get all the attention. The most amazing thing is the same compontents that have been around forever with little change in theory.

I've been into electronics since I was 11. The most complex kits I've ever built were a Hero 1 & Apple II clone (yep a bag of TTL and 16K DRAM)
I got into microcontrollers in 1976 with a hand wired COSMAC Elf 1802. I enjoy seeing a concept turn into a product. Now I do custom design and sell my PIC kits.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I knew there was something about you that Impressed me,now I know.I can read comments and create a vision.

Last edited:

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
Electronerd,you have the time to take all the courses that will make you an all round
electonics expert.A law degree will help you make thinks complete.I would like to see a list of model and serial no. of repair Items.There a lot of time devote to flashing leds. Would like to see like of things that go market from this site. We need complete a product,breadboards get all the attention. The most amazing thing is the same compontents that have been around forever with little change in theory.
That's my goal; to become an electronics expert. Although, since I am 15 years of age, free courses are difficult to find. I suppose your talking about the AAC e-book. I know, however, that there is this online curriculum that high school kids can take in their junior year, but I need to be in Algebra 2. I guess I'm not doing that bad for someone my age... I have no intention of getting a "law degree" since I'd rather become an engineer. Eventually, I hope to get a phD in electrical engineering; maybe even RF engineering.

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
You have to separate yourself on resumes,you may rise to board level.You have a chance to determine your future.Take the stimulus and all the other stuff,they are written in legal terms.Every thing has a legal term connected to it. Think of all the under employed guys on this forum that could equal there old pay tomorrow or go
back to school and help reinvent the economy,the old days are gone for ever. No money get a paralegal. The labor dept. says aircraft controllers come in at $50.00 dollars an hour the highest hour salary. Leather seats,with with rear video players is a good start up for new business,back up camera's and alarms.Find a business
location , go to service station clean cars offer your product services by demonstration.

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
I like to study physical phenomena, electricity and electronics is a part of these phenomena. Also, I like to make my own machines and control them with electronics and of course see them work. That is the beauty, make some something and make it work.

DoctorLes

Joined Aug 30, 2009
I'm a psychiatrist by profession; electronics is about as different a subject from that as one can get--which is why I enjoy it to unwind from work.

I've been into electronics since I was about 10 y/o when I built a crystal radio. That was before any transistors existed in the public market, just to date myself.

I like electronics because it is logical. And, when troubleshooting a broken piece of gear, there is ALWAYS a solution if you look hard enough. Because that much is a given before I start to try to fix something it makes the quest worthwhile; there's always a pay-off; you always "win" if you stick with it long enough.

But maybe the best thing is that you can convert an abstract idea, based on electronic theory, into a tangible, functioning contraption of some sort.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Doc,your story confirm's all the post that I have made to enjoy life
away from electronic's.It's good to let the guy's know It's ok enjoy
life. I have a blog on the the best dinner that I ever had from a
electronic's wholesaler. Maybe the guy's will share some experience
of getting away from work.

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I started off with Physics which I enjoyed a lot at college. I couldn't resist trying out radio controlled cars and figuring out how they would work. I was very interested in electronic toys. That's when I became an electronic hobbist and thought that battery power was the only thing that would make an electronic car go fast and later on decided to do Electronic Engineering. And that's when I realised that battery power was by far not the only important thing to consider. :D

Electronics isn't that easy and very abstract. My dad is a retired electrical engineer. I was influenced somehow. It's very easy to mislead people without a basic knowledge of electronics. Technology is evolving and there's practically no escape. As an electronic engineer, I enjoy figuring out how electronic consumer products work instead of how to use and enjoy them like most people do.

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
I do not have any formal training in electronics, embedded systems design or even programming, but I have been into electronics and programming since the early 80's. Everything I know is self thought, so pretty much anyone can do it if you are willing to put forth the effort.....

The most I get out of it is the enjoyment of seeing something come to "life" that you have made.

Even better when I can put my self thought knowledge up against people who have spent thousands $$ getting degrees in this type of field and managing to learn something new along the way and meet great people.... (I took 3rd in Microchips embedded design challenge earlier this year, not bad for someone who is self thought in every aspect of that comp.. http://www.mypic32.com)

crazzycat

Joined Sep 28, 2009
Cause Electronics giv us an oppotunity to make our life better and not so complecatd as it was some centuries before, it's also grat for development of our imagination, so i love it

Last edited: