Why the new header?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I liked the old one better. Doesn't really matter, just my opinion.

I notice the new ?toolbar? on the top, which is why I think there was a change.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
It is the first in a few tweaks to the site we are doing. The e-book volume links at the top have replaced the old links at the bottom of the page, the new header fits more into that design.

We have also added a few other bits; further to the LaTeX equation editor you now have basic-symbols to add to posts (below the smilies on the Post Reply page), and there is now a spell-checker built into the forums (select the ABC button in the upper right-hand corner of the post reply box to launch the spell-checker).

There are a few other things we will be adding in coming days, of which your cookbook suggestion is one.

Dave

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I like the new spellcheck window. It's like "Preview" and spellcheck built into one, big window. I hate trying to edit in a small window.

John

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I like the new spellcheck window. It's like "Preview" and spellcheck built into one, big window. I hate trying to edit in a small window.

John
Glad you like it John. Knowing that many people have spell-checking built into their browsers we wanted something that would not conflict but add that functionality should members require it. Hopefully it will also be of help to those for whom English is not a native language.

You do realise that you can extend the standard post reply box by using the up and down arrows to the right of the spell-checker button.

Dave