Why only this combination used? what is the advantage of this combination

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi k6,
Welcome to AAC,
I think you are mis-reading the diagram, they are all in series, the two centre batteries are drawn in a simpler way.

Consider the two 2.1V cells in parallel, what would the voltage be.?

E

k62524

Joined Jul 26, 2019
hi k6,
Welcome to AAC,
I think you are mis-reading the diagram, they are all in series, the two centre batteries are drawn in a simpler way.

Consider the two 2.1V cells in parallel, what would the voltage be.?

E
Sir,
We are trying to build a battery, we are reaching a battery spec only if we are using this combination.
So i have a doubt why cant we use other combinations like all series or series at end sides.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
As this is homework, I can only give you hints not the final answer.

A question for you, if you built a battery in that configuration, using those cells, which all had the same specification, ie: voltage and A-hr capacity, what would be the design flaw.??
E

k62524

Joined Jul 26, 2019
hi,
As this is homework, I can only give you hints not the final answer.

A question for you, if you built a battery in that configuration, using those cells, which all had the same specification, ie: voltage and A-hr capacity, what would be the design flaw.??
E
Sir, this a thermal battery.

k62524

Joined Jul 26, 2019
You say that you need 8 cells but your schematic shows 14 cells. How was the question worded when it was given to you ?

Les.
Sir,
My sir has given this circuit, if we use other combination of paralleling circuits we are not getting the required operating time.
So why we are using three parallel combinations on either side and 2 series combinations in between where all parallels are connected in series. So total voltage we need is 2.1*8=16.8v.
We are also generating heat inside to fire the battery.
Sir can you please help me out for this circuit.