why does my phone work to receive calls inside a metal pot with lid and no gaps and no plastic sections?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
An ungrounded metal enclosure is not a Faraday cage. It will attenuate the signal but radio frequency energy can penetrate metal.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there :)here is something a lot of people do not know, but I'll let you in on a little secret but you have to promise you can't tell anybody.
Faraday cages can’t block the Earth’s magnetic field, so a compass will still work inside of them! It's true and that was my first experiment I ever did when I was 12 years old. Because it was easy to carry a little compass.
No material can stop the lines of flux from traveling from the Earth magnetic north pole to it's south pole. The field can, however, be redirected.
Isn't that cool!:cool:

genekuli

Joined Oct 21, 2018
Hello there :)here is something a lot of people do not know, but I'll let you in on a little secret but you have to promise you can't tell anybody.
Faraday cages can’t block the Earth’s magnetic field, so a compass will still work inside of them! It's true and that was my first experiment I ever did when I was 12 years old. Because it was easy to carry a little compass.
No material can stop the lines of flux from traveling from the Earth magnetic north pole to it's south pole. The field can, however, be redirected.
Isn't that cool!:cool:
i wonder if it was an iron faraday enclosure if that would still work