Why can't I design an electronic circuit although I can solve problems related to electronic circuits

saadsalman37

Joined Nov 12, 2020
Why can't I design an electronic circuit although I can solve problems related to electronic circuits? What are three examples of situations or applications where electronic circuits and electrical circuits are used together?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
That's like asking why can't I design a bridge because I can solve how long a bridge needs to be to cross a river. Electronics is a technology within the electrical and material sciences. Even if you completely understand the physics of electrical energy that doesn't mean you can design a specific type of electronic circuit without extra study of the specific technology involved.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Why can't I design an electronic circuit although I can solve problems related to electronic circuits? What are three examples of situations or applications where electronic circuits and electrical circuits are used together?
Lack of experience. A classic sequencing problem. You don't have any experience. How do you acquire experience? You study other designs similar to what you are interested in. You take a small design and ask how you can improve it. You keep doing that until you gain the confidence to do one from scratch. Keep in mind that everything you design today will end up in the landfill in a decade or so,

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
Why can't I design an electronic circuit although I can solve problems related to electronic circuits?
What types of problems are you able to solve?

Being able to repair something isn't the same as being able to design something. If you can study a schematic and understand what every component is doing and why certain values or devices were used, you might be able to make the jump from understanding how a circuit works to creating one from scratch.