Why Are You A Member Of The A.A C. Forum

LvW

Joined Jun 13, 2013
While reading some of the answers I am not quite sure if the original question was a serious one. Nevertheless, I`ll answer without joking:
1.) After being engaged in industrial design & development as well as educating engineers - I am retired now (I am already in the "7th heaven"). But I always find that it is a challenging and interesting task to read some questions from newcomers/beginners touching some fundamental problems - and to discuss these problems with forum members, sometimes from different view points:
* BJT voltage or current controlled ?,
* are there negative frequencies?,
* ac current through a capacitor?,
* what is a current source?, current source without voltage source?,
* does a circuit oscillate always for unity loop gain?,
* what are complex frequencies?,
* what is the meaning of "real" in electronics?

2.) As a second reason: I try to keep in contact with the english language and to practice it - as good as I can. And in this respect - I have learned already a lot.

LvW

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Because I need to be reminded on a daily basis that there are people out there a lot smarter than me.
While this site serves that purpose well, I didn't come here for that -- have PLENTY of opportunity in my daily life to check of that little box!

I actually came to get a very specific question answered. While there was some very good discussion, I still don't have an answer (though there were some suggestions that might, indeed, lead to one but which I need to learn more before I can pursue them).

I stay because I love trying to help others learn things and because of all the things that I learn along the way, both directly and indirectly.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
While this site serves that purpose well, I didn't come here for that -- have PLENTY of opportunity in my daily life to check of that little box!

I actually came to get a very specific question answered. While there was some very good discussion, I still don't have an answer (though there were some suggestions that might, indeed, lead to one but which I need to learn more before I can pursue them).

I stay because I love trying to help others learn things and because of all the things that I learn along the way, both directly and indirectly.

My sentiments also..

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I became a member to figure out how to modify my automobile into a perpetual motion machine that can: shoot projectiles with a rail gun, shock by-bystanders and then jam their phones so the cannot call for help. It was going to be powered by 15 lead acid batteries in series so i could simply rectify mains power and eliminate heavy transformers when charging. Once charged, a relay would trip and the AC would kick on a string of LEDs.

When I have time and money to start this project, I will start asking questions.
Now tht's worth waiting for..!

I was searching for pictures of swimsuits girls(for a friend of course). But Google brought me here. The swimsuit picture was a big bummer. But the rest of the forum was kind of OK
Hee ! Hee !Hee !Hee !Hee !Hee !:D

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
ETO, was down one day. I thought I would ask someone, at the time was a member of both AAC and ETO, if they knew anything about it. Suddenly I found all the resources and was hooked.

Tutorials and Resources, Plus smart people tend to be the funniest I think. I like reading how many folks solve complex problems for which I have no idea about or that even existed.

Still to this day, I'm still taken back by the talent on this site. Just when I feel I have a basic concept it's broken, in the next minute of conversation. With my limited time to spend with it, I grow a little each week.

My join date was Jan, 2010 I've not mixed with the community, just used some of the resources and learning material. This year I finally thought maybe I need to begin a few projects and mix them in with some practical hobby things.

When I'm finished with my Plasma Speaker, I want to do some small circuits in spice and begin applying some design practices, maybe some of it will sink in and stay with me. I'll need to begin learning C this year, I hope to pass CCNA next year.

Thanks, AAC.

kv

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Because I need to be reminded on a daily basis that there are people out there a lot smarter than me.
Do you not have a wife to do that (just because she find you using the kitchen table to disassemble an engine). Or have you two broken up:p

Last edited:

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
It seems like a friendly, helpful place. I've tried other electronics forums and they either seem to be so busy that it's hard to keep track of what is happening or are a bit pompous and unfriendly.

And yes, I have a wife to remind me that there is at least 50% of the population who are smarter than me :D

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
I joined the forum to get some help on switching power supplies and to hopefully catch up a bit on new things after being away from electronics for nearly 20 years.

I've learned much more than I ever expected (both electronics related plus other interesting things) since I joined a bit less than a year ago.

This forum is great because of the many, many knowlegable and helpful members.
For me it's simply a lot of fun.

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Because I am an eternal Novice, who doesn't get along well with those calling themselves " experts " since there is no such animal... :D

I respect the experience of many on board here, and have not been upbraided for seemingly greenhorn questions.

Admittedly, I lean toward being an Idealist, Countering those who insist certain things cannot be done, with Why Not ??

I have undertaken some " wild goose chases " and treasure the knowledge gained from things that won't work... having tried anyway.

Being a packrat, I collect anything that will yield components that can have the magic smoke released without crying over... :rolleyes:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Old forum was getting old and slowing down fast so I came here and to my surprize found most everyone from the old forum was already here! :)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Why am I here? Because the last time I was in the same room with a person that could discuss electronic circuits was 1986, and he was only one person. This place keeps my brain from getting rusty. There is something interesting almost every day. There are people here that have more education than I do, there are people here that are smarter than I am, and a few of them are both!