Who Makes These?

uponone

Joined May 18, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone here can help me locate a product. I am working on a project that utilizes some 10mm x 20mm and 5mm x 10mm LED Light Bars. I was already to order some Lumex or Kingbright until I found the attached picture.

The light bars shown in the picture are molded out of colored plastic and essentially look like giant rectangular LEDs.

I am wondering if anyone knows who the manufacture is and where I can purchase them.

I have searched DigiKey and Mouser but haven’t had any luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Chris

Attachments

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I am working on a project that utilizes some 10mm x 20mm and 5mm x 10mm LED Light Bars.
I'm assuming these are the dimensions. I'm more interested where the image came from, there might be a clue there somewhere.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I was already to order some Lumex or Kingbright until I found the attached picture.

The light bars shown in the picture are molded out of colored plastic and essentially look like giant rectangular LEDs.
From the above statement, I thought the light bar might be some larger size than the stated dimensions.

uponone

Joined May 18, 2010
Hi,

The light bars from Avago are similar to the ones from Lumex or Kingbright. Those are the ones I normally use and are encased in a white plastic.

The image I posted is from a site that makes light displays for cars. This piece is offered in two versions, one using the milky white cover Avago style light bars or the ones in the picture. Both utilize the same size light bars 10mm x 20mm and 5mm x 10mm. Some manufactures such as Kingbright specify the size as 8.89mm x 19.05mm.

I like these ones because they show the color whether they are lit or not and do not have the white plastic around them.

Attached is another picture showing the LEDs lit up. You can see that the 10mm x 20mm light bars are made up of 4 segments.

Chris

Attachments

Last edited:

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Look up vU meters. or LED bar meter.

These may use small surface mount LEDs and the plastic is a diffuser/lens

Or it may be a standard rectangle led.

Here are some leds:
http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/products.asp?dept=1233

You mat be better off with some vero or strip board and get some of the rectangle LEDs and make them yourself. Or if you need many, make some PCBs. You can and should use surface mount resistors to fit your space concerns.