Who here is familiar with Blender?

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Possibly, but not necessarily. Usually game assets like 3D models aren't available separately in the game installation files. They are batched together in .bat files or similar, inaccessible to the user.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Possibly, but not necessarily. Usually game assets like 3D models aren't available separately in the game installation files. They are batched together in .bat files or similar, inaccessible to the user.
Yah, but they have what they call converter.... do u know .ebm files??

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I haven't heard of them before and I don't think they are that common. For example, my League of Legends installation doesn't have even one such file and the game writhes with 3D models.

Usually your approach in most situations will be case-by-case, based on the installation details. But I wouldn't count on it. It's like asking to extract the source code from a firmware file. It might be possible but it's not an easy nor a well-defined procedure.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
I haven't heard of them before and I don't think they are that common. For example, my League of Legends installation doesn't have even one such file and the game writhes with 3D models.

Usually your approach in most situations will be case-by-case, based on the installation details. But I wouldn't count on it. It's like asking to extract the source code from a firmware file. It might be possible but it's not an easy nor a well-defined procedure.
Yeah. :( I am really like to have it! :D

Do you think for example, if we have the 3d file of this particular game object, we can print it in three-dimensional form, that is like figurine or statue.~

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Without ever having done that procedure or having heard about it being done, I'd bet that if you manage to get your hands on a 3D model file, then, yes, you'd be able to print it.

Do you have access to a 3D printer?

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
Actually, I just started learning Blender this past week! There a lot of features in it and tons of tutorials. Be sure to search on Youtube and elsewhere for them.

...and yes, you can print the model using a 3D printer, though I haven't done it myself, perhaps I can get HTPham to come back and talk about it...

HTPham

Joined Dec 7, 2012
As Long as you convert your 3D model to .stl(which blender can do) and then to .gcode(Slic3r is a good program) you can 3D print it on your 3D printer. Or if you have someone else like shapeways to print it they can take DAE, OBJ, STL, X3D, X3DB, X3DV, WRL files.

Also I've seen people rip characters from games that are dx-9 compatible using 3D Ripper DX....

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
To print in 3D printers, you will need an .stl file. Stl is essentially slices of the object that allow a layer-by-layer buildup. It is the original 3D printing "stereolithography" file format. Most CAD software had a converter to do this.

Some printers need additional file processing (slicer software) to determine the fill ratio and wall thickness between outside world and reduced fill ratio zones.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I am going to open a 3D Printer section on the Completed Project. They must apply for electronics use only though, so I may open (and moderate) a thread in the Off-Topic forum for other interesting 3D printer projects.

I just uploaded a project that used a 3D print for the lid. I believe this is the first on this site.

Project : Mono Preamp

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
I really have a few knowledge at this so I really don't know where to start. I'm not really going to take course for Blender (really learn it seriously).. I just want to have the 3d object of my character :) I really love my character. :)

@HTPham, what online games do u know? The online game i play i think uses .ebm file....

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
There isn't any way to just use Blender - it is a very complex and feature rich program that has taken me a few hours to make anything even remotely interesting (perhaps it won't take you as long, but it will take a while).

After a few tutorials (not classes), I found myself able to make and manipulate this on, at least, a fairly basic level...

HTPham

Joined Dec 7, 2012
@HTPham, what online games do u know? The online game i play i think uses .ebm file....
So, I think I rather not say what online games I..know...going be a wall of text XD. What game are you trying to rip your character from?

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I was just informed that League of Legends and World of Warcraft provide their models separately in their installation files.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Georacer, yah... most online games that are big (that is . file size are around 2-or mroe GB) the models are in their folder usually DATA\etc..

@HTPHam, can you enable your PM pls.