who can help me with this ?

jessietechele

Joined Jul 23, 2013
I have a problem, need help from you guys,
Rotation diode ZX300A, If the it is at 20 degrees centigrade and receives a current of 300 amps its temperature will rise if it is not cooled.

My question is how many seconds will need to arrive at maximum allowed temperature if diode has no external cooling?

Thanks in advance!:)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I made a serious effort to find the data by searching the internet, but failed. The next step more likely to get results is the manufacturer (as ScottWang said).

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Rotation diode ZX300A, If the it is at 20 degrees centigrade and receives a current of 300 amps its temperature will rise if it is not cooled.

My question is how many seconds will need to arrive at maximum allowed temperature if diode has no external cooling?

In order to know how long it will take, you need to know the thermal mass of the diode. Even then, the diode is going not going to heat evenly nor are the different parts of it going to be equally sensitive to that heat.

So your best bet, as others have already pointed out, is to contact the manufacturer and tell them exactly what you are trying to accomplish, at least as far the diode is concerned.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
If the almost unreadable chart says, "theta JA, that's the final temperature equilibrium in free air, but the question is, "How much time".
I am also confused about the idea that the part is expected to arrive at maximum allowed temperature (150 C) but there is no explanation about how it will be deprived of the cooling effect of free air flow.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I think that "has no external cooling" probably just means that there is no forced air cooling or heatsink. Of course, it could be that it is going to be mounted in a manner than doesn't allow much heat to be carried off, but we would need a lot more specific info from the OP.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012

Do you have any of these diodes? Your best bet might be to simply instrument one or more of them and find out. They look like they are large enough to make doing this a fairly straightforward and inexpensive thing to do.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
The op seems like that she was the employee of the agents of the manufacturer.

The EE parts made in China is not easy to get the datasheets, so if you guys want to use that kinds of parts, you should make sure that you can get the datasheets before you want to buy or use them.