Which standards do I have to use for automotive electronic

frpr666

Joined Feb 2, 2010
Hello dear forum,
I have to create paper document/ specification for a new customer.
The target product is an electronic box including H-bridge and one brushed 12V DC motor, no bus control needed. It will be used in a car in EU area.

In the initial offer there should be listed standards used for testing this box. E/E tests like EMC etc. I know that the good starting point is ISO 7637-2 and then customer specific standards.
Please can you advise me any other general standards which should I mention?

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
But the OP is not discussing a specific modification he is seeking help with a spec and applicable standards for something that will presumably be a commercial product. That said, it doesn't inspire confidence that the OP has little or no experience in this area.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
But the OP is not discussing a specific modification he is seeking help with a spec
True; but experts to answer the question would be more likely found on forums where modification topics are allowed.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Whenever you doubt, click the triangle in the upper right corner of each post and tell the Moderators. That puts the decision on the people that do that for their job.

As for me? I don't think this violates anything. He/she is just asking which book to read.
Give it a day and maybe somebody will show up and list the source of the standards.