Which software can be used to design a machine

fayazahmedmemon

Joined Jul 4, 2010
I want to design fully automatic meal making machine,how can I design that kind of machine through any software so that I would be able to see the working animation of that machine through that software.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Most 3d cad packages (Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, Pro-E) will allow you to design the components and allow "some" automation.. But I'm not aware of any programs that would allow complete 100% automation to occur on the computer. I think Solidworks has a module that works with Labview to allow more automation than most cad packages though. These programs aren't cheap either $5,000 USD+

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Try google sketchup (Free version) you can actually do "animations" with the parts to see them in "Action" and you can draw everything exactly to scale and see a 3d rendition right in front of you..... plus there are all sorts of objects already created by a lot of users that you can download and use with your project... if you get the pro version you get a lot more functions.... check it out...

B. Morse

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
I've heard good things of Blender for modelling, though it isn't really a CAD program.

I would also recommend Google Sketchup.

If you want to simulate some things you need a physics simulator. A program like Phun is fun, and educational, but it might not be powerful enough.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
If you want cheap look into Alibre (they have a free version but even their paid for package is cheap). If you need more then Solidworks or Inventor is the way to go. (full 3d modeling/dynamic simulation/FEA,etc... But there is nothing that is a do all modeling/animation/electronic simulation program.. And is sure wouldn't be cheap if there was.
Sketchup is a toy..

fayazahmedmemon

Joined Jul 4, 2010
Most 3d cad packages (Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks, Pro-E) will allow you to design the components and allow "some" automation.. But I'm not aware of any programs that would allow complete 100% automation to occur on the computer. I think Solidworks has a module that works with Labview to allow more automation than most cad packages though. These programs aren't cheap either $5,000 USD+

Dear sir Thanks for providing me such an amazing information.