Which PIC should I use?

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
I'm searching for a PIC having two analog inputs. I heard that there is a PIC having that capability, but I can't find none. I tried google, but to no avail. Does anyone know about a series of PICs containing analog inputs? It is to be used for an amplifier project, as a smart protection. It should sense the input signal and the output signal, and compare both. Should a DC fault (case one of the output transistors of the amplifier shorts) or HF oscillation be detected, the circuits disconnects the output by switching of a relay.

Thanks in advance.

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
For plug and play interface between up to EIGHT analog inputs, and the USB input to your computer, there is no better device that a U-HID Nano Board from Ultimark.

http://www.ultimarc.com/JShopServer/section.php?xSec=13

Costing only $35 US, and totally eliminating all programming, I located this device with a search on this website, after failing to find anything comparable with a normal Google search.

My home flight simulator twin-engine jet throttle quadrant is built around this board, and all 6 analog axes, as well as the two buttons for thrust reverse, work flawlessly when hooked up via a simple non-inverting signal-amplifier stage to the Nano Board, which is plugged into a standard USB port on the computer with the provided cable.

I'll be posting details of this project when I wrap up the build and tidy it up. Use the Nano Board. It is dead simple to connect, and works like a charm.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
Thanks spinnaker and PaulEE. I was not aware of that. OK, I will look for PICs with ADC inputs. I don't know much about PICs, I must confess.

For plug and play interface between up to EIGHT analog inputs, and the USB input to your computer, there is no better device that a U-HID Nano Board from Ultimark.
Thanks, but I want to create my own solution by using a PIC.

PaulEE

Joined Dec 23, 2011
Thanks spinnaker and PaulEE. I was not aware of that. OK, I will look for PICs with ADC inputs. I don't know much about PICs, I must confess.

Thanks, but I want to create my own solution by using a PIC.
You need help - just give a holler. PICs are one of my (and many other people's) specialties.

For example, I just got done designing a PIC to AD7718 (24-bit ADC) interface (posted on my facebook page), and last july - october I designed a device that timed the time-of-flight of ultrasonic pulses via remote-radio triggering. It was a good time! (both projects).

:)

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
You need help - just give a holler. PICs are one of my (and many other people's) specialties.

For example, I just got done designing a PIC to AD7718 (24-bit ADC) interface (posted on my facebook page), and last july - october I designed a device that timed the time-of-flight of ultrasonic pulses via remote-radio triggering. It was a good time! (both projects).

:)
Many thanks! I will. :)