Which oscilloscope?

chisel

Joined May 5, 2008
What is a good 'scope to use for observing the 1 volt peak-to-peak video signal from closed circuit TV cameras?
The budget is for one that is just adequate (and sturdy if that combination is possible), not the DC to Daylight versions highly visible in the catalogues.

What would you recommend with respect to brand name and model number(s)?

If a second-hand one is not a bad investment I would appreciate the name and address of a reliable USA used tools dealer.

God Bless.

geosync

Joined Aug 13, 2008
Any of the older Tektronix models are suitable, and more affordable. On eBay, you can find decent used 100 MHz dual-trace models at around $200 shipped (Tektronix 2332, 2335, etc). You can get a decent 60 MHz model for even less.

Hope this helps,

Rick

KL7AJ

Joined Nov 4, 2008
Or a Tektronics 545. I use up all my carbon credits just flipping the ON switch on mine, but at least I never have to worry about anyone stealing it. HI!

eric

gregdevid

Joined Feb 4, 2009
Hi,
The cheapest oscilloscopes i know are the pc based ones. These oscilloscope need to be connected to a desk pc or laptop to work (so, not only you can use it with your computer but you have to). They start at $225 for a one channel oscilloscope. They are "state of the art" (meaning good ones) devices with a lot of functions.

italo

Joined Nov 20, 2005
Or a Tektronics 545. I use up all my carbon credits just flipping the ON switch on mine, but at least I never have to worry about anyone stealing it. HI!

eric
wow 15 amps to run it good for you. Well it will keep you warm in the winter