which oscilloscope

samjesse

Joined Sep 14, 2008
Hi
I am in the market for an oscilloscope. all I know is that the dual trace would let you see the input and output (2 circuit) monitor at the same time. but what else do I need to look for? I read something about 4 channel and 2 channel, whats that?

please guide me.

thanks

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Dual trace and 2 channel amount to the same thing. Before we can say much, it would be very helpful to know what the instrument will be used for. Do you need a DSO, or will analog do?

samjesse

Joined Sep 14, 2008
I will need it to see voltage wave patterns in primary and secondary circuits on cars, so 12V and few thousands V as well. sensor outputs. frequency patterns. and maybe something else as the need arises.

theamber

Joined Jun 13, 2008
I suggest you to look at portables battery operated oscilloscopes if you are going to be working on cars. You don't need more than 25Mhz bandwidth.
Try eBay for a Fluke, Owon, or if you want something more try this it halso has a car's code reader:
http://www.labscopes.com/
But looks that it is a 5 Mhz by the 25 Megasamples advertised.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Check out the Tektronix TDS2002. A friend had recommended it. Digital, 60 MHz, but I use the FFT function to nearly the 500 MHz Nyquist limit of the 1 GHz sampling rate. I sweated over spending about $1300 (a couple of years ago), and now I think that was the best advice I received in years.

There are other versions in the family (more channels, different bandwidths, different displays) at, of course, different price points. I think the sell-up feather that gives the most bang for the buck is the color display.

liitlefan

Joined Sep 24, 2008
Check out the Tektronix TDS2002. A friend had recommended it. Digital, 60 MHz, but I use the FFT function to nearly the 500 MHz Nyquist limit of the 1 GHz sampling rate. I sweated over spending about $1300 (a couple of years ago), and now I think that was the best advice I received in years.

There are other versions in the family (more channels, different bandwidths, different displays) at, of course, different price points. I think the sell-up feather that gives the most bang for the buck is the color display.
i ecommended it ~~but i think you shoud visit their site ,there are series of product kinda.