Which oscilloscope by RRITESH KAKKAR

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

As I do not answer PM's I will post your question in the Froum, so others can also reply.

Hi, Sir can you pls. tell me the cost or Which oscilloscope i should use for analysing transistor oscillator output??

Thanks..!!
It depends on the frequency used and the level.

Bertus

edgetrigger

Joined Dec 19, 2010
bug them with your barrage of questions, i bet you may get it for free.

But it has to be creative this time like why oscilloscope why not stethoscope?

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Some of the budget Rigol DSOs have had good reviews for their price.

Another suggestion is a used Tektronix in your price range.

If working with "hobby circuits", and not TV, Radio, or high speed digital, you probably won't often need more than a 50Mhz scope. This leaves you in the "Under $1000" range for many brands. Going up in the bandwidth greatly increases price. A new DSO with realtime display can go well into the 5 digit price range.

I'm awaiting a review of the $80 portable (2.5" display) 1Mhz Single channel DSO that is on eBay before getting one. I often use two channels, so a single channel is limiting in several cases, but not all. They are soon releasing a 2 channel 30Mhz model, also portable, for around $300, IIRC. If they work decently, I would recommend them. I wouldn't count on Tek level accuracy and detail, but to get the general gist, it would be fine.

tyblu

Joined Nov 29, 2010
The Instek line is good value. Would suggest an old analog first, though, as you can likely get it for free or little money from universities or companies upgrading.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Rritesh only needs a simple analog scope to start out with and they're almost giving away some of the older Tek models that are far beyond his basic needs. Shipping to him will always be a problem but if you can score a bargain then the shipping only enters into it as you have to consider that part of the price.

As he gets more creative and actually explores the world a bit there are probably companies near him that would gladly donate an older one to him. So many get retired due to not being calibrated on a regular basis from the cost of doing so, or they're replaced by the newer ones then sit in a back room collecting dust or worse yet, end up in the dustbin which is a shame as most TEKs and HPs hold cal for ages.