Which kit with HEF4066 and HCF4017 is in this black box

froggfish

Joined Feb 8, 2012
Does anyone recognize which kit is mounted in this homebrew black box?

On the front there are 4 leds, a switch (3 positions) and a potmeter (470k) mounted. At the back there are a jackplug for power, a switch (3 positions), one chinch female and a 4x chinch female socket. The print is marked with the code VS7.

There a two IC's used, a HEF4066, a HCF4017 and a 555 The line of 4 transistors are 547c's and the line of three transistors are one 547c and two 557C's.

any idea?

Frits

Attachments

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Welcome to AAC!

I couldn't find the manufacturer, but I found a schematic that looks close: http://electronics-diy.com/electronic_schematic.php?id=107.

The link shows a stereo audio selector while what you have appears to be a mono audio selector. I think if you take out IC4 and IC5 (along with all parts on IC5), you'll have the schematic for your board.

I did a quick search on Velleman and Ramsey as they are dominant (at least in the U.S.) for electronic kits, but didn't see anything. You might look at Jaycar too.

I think this might actually be a video switcher considering the pot on the front panel which likely adjusts the speed at which the selector switches channel.

If it was for audio, i'd say you'd have a button to cycle through the channels manually.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

As said, it looks like an video switcher.
I think of that because there are 75 Ohms resistors near the clinch busses.

Bertus

froggfish

Joined Feb 8, 2012
Wow, thanks for the reply. It helps to do a bit of re-engineering. So the switch could be possible left zero right in the case of audio. I will also compare it with the schematic of electronics-diy.com. I'll be back.

Thanks so far, and still open for more suggestions.

Frits