which is the Best software to draw a circuit ?

Chaabane

Joined Nov 30, 2009
Hello,
I was looking for a software that gives you a professional look circuit. like you find in books.. not a simulator just for drawing. and it should have a motors symbol and electrical component also.
the price doesn't really matter. coz our university will pay:D

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It really depends on the person, I use Multisim. Eagle, and Orcad, it depends on my mood and how the symbols are in the component data base
Some use Orcad, others Proteus.

I think almost everything has all the components if you buy the professional edition.

It is based on the type you like most and tend to stick with it.

Let's see what other members suggest.

hondabones

Joined Sep 29, 2009
Everyone I know talks about Eagle. I like it. I have also used ExpressPCB, LT Splice, Multisim 10.

My ratings: (first to last)

Multisim
Eagle
LT Splice
ExpressPCB

Robin Mitchell

Joined Oct 25, 2009
Yenka, get the home edition, free of charge

I use Eagle to design schematics and yenka to test them. Yenka IS slow but worth it. It has PICS and PICAXE too!
Most of the 4000 series and 7400. Infact, over 150 components :)

Envergure

Joined Jan 14, 2010
I use Oregano (free, idk if there's a Windows version but I have Linux)
It's good for drawing and labeling schematics, but I can't figure out how to use the simulation functions.

Chaabane

Joined Nov 30, 2009
Thanks guys ...but i don't need a simulator or PCB software,i need a software that draw a circuit like in books,not like proteus and eagle

hondabones

Joined Sep 29, 2009
Thanks guys ...but i don't need a simulator or PCB software,i need a software that draw a circuit like in books,not like proteus and eagle
All of these softwares draw really nice schematics. Some of them simulate and/or draw PCB layout. You don't have to use these other features. Maybe we misunderstood your post. Could you please clarify?

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
I think the OP is looking for a program that draws the schematic in a certain "graphic style". Perhaps (s)he can scan an example from a book of what they would like to see.

Ken

russpatterson

Joined Feb 1, 2010
One benefit of using Eagle, besides the free version, is that it outputs Gerber files which can be used by any circuit board fabrication house. So if you ever wanted to produce mass quantities of your design you've already got it in the right format. As opposed to the ExpressPCB route which I believe only outputs formats that ExpressPCB can use to fab boards.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I think the OP want to "pimp" up his/hers schematics. Just remember that as in car styling. The borderline between nice and tacky is often very narrow ;)