Which bits should I solder on?

aaad2

Joined May 30, 2012
Hi

I need to solder off a sim slot connector component but there seems to been quite a lot of 'golden' bits on the component? do all of them need to be soldered on? if so, a soldering iron cannot reach or get close to them. I have a point headed soldering iron.

As you can see from the pictures, I need to replace it somehow. If you look at the photo circuits, the component shows a few soldering bits(circled in red), do I unsoldering those bits first?

I am replacing this component due to I have broken 4 of the 6 pins.

All help appriciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

aaad2

Joined May 30, 2012
If you would like me to upload a detailed verson of the new component, I will do so when it arrives in the post(in about one week time).

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
U would need de soldering braid to clean the PCB off excessive solder and some flux too.

What I do is use flux to coat the braid and use a good gun heated up and suck all the solder from the board.
I put the braid on the board and touch the braid with tip. Heat the PCB through the braid. ( solder area )
Then put in the new socket and use fine ( eutectic solder ) solder with flux to solder and after that clean the board from excessive flux