Where's the best place to buy wire from, in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ty-

Joined Feb 5, 2017
Hey all, simple question: Where's the best place to buy wire from in Canada?

I need to feed 12A DC down 20-foot lengths of wire, so I've been browsing for 12AWG (or 14) two-conductor (or parallel) stranded wire, and I can't seem to find any at reasonable prices. Amazon hits 60 bucks for 10' each of black and red wire, which seems ridiculous.

Anyone got good places to buy wire from in Canada?

Red/Black Parallel, or two-conductor-single-jacket wire is fine (silicone insulation is bonus points)

Thanks!

-Ty-

Joined Feb 5, 2017
There was a Ham Radio operator that had a business in Ontario, and was selling off his heavy gauge power cables.
Not sure if he still has any. Try contacting Rick:
rick@armitronpower.com
His listing is on:
http://www.kwarc.org/swapshop
and the cables were listed April 1st... (search past 30 days)
His number is on his listing...

Not... at.. all the kind of answer i was expecting, lol, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth. Sent him a message, thanks!

-Ty-

Joined Feb 5, 2017
Unfortunately, i need both conductors to be in the same jacket, or at least paired/parallel. For a few useability/aesthetic reasons i cant use two separate wires (and no, brading them together wont work), and princess auto doesnt seem to carry paired wire.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Unfortunately, i need both conductors to be in the same jacket, or at least paired/parallel. For a few useability/aesthetic reasons i cant use two separate wires (and no, brading them together wont work), and princess auto doesnt seem to carry paired wire.
Braided sleeving can be used to make the individual conductors into a nice, rugged, and attractive single cable.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
If the need would be 20 kilometers of wire, nothing is so good as octopart, ebay, aliexpress and alibaba. But for 20 inches I cannot name even place at my native place as all the business begins with at least a kilogram.

Status
Not open for further replies.