Where to start, to learn these emerging technologies

Sleve Hope

Joined Apr 21, 2020
Hello all..!
I want to learn these emerging technologies and don't know where to start.
I would like your hear your recommendations. If you have any study material please share.
Please make sure that anything you share is not too difficult for me to understand must be from basic to intermediate level.
Also which Programming Language to start with, I know there are many build in libraries in python used to train data sets. Also I know a few basics of AI, Machine Learning.

Last edited by a moderator:

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Also which Programming Language to start with
Learning any language, programming or otherwise, is useless unless you are going to actively use it. So, learn the one you need to. As to emerging tech, in order to even understand it, you need to know the basic tech it is derived from. So start with the basics.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I agree on the language. I had a project to do. The language came later. I went PIC Assembly, because at the time it was directly applicable to what I needed. It seemed C required to much just to get started.

As for emerging technologies, in what field? Certainly not all fields of human endeavor. You are asking for the basic and at the same time want to keep up with emerging. That seems more than a little self-contradictory.

soyez

Joined Aug 17, 2020
Hello all..!
I want to learn these emerging technologies and don't know where to start.
I would like your hear your recommendations. If you have any study material please share.
Please make sure that anything you share is not too difficult for me to understand must be from basic to intermediate level.
Also which Programming Language to start with, I know there are many build in libraries in python used to train data sets. Also I know a few basics of AI, Machine Learning.
Starting up from the basics would be feasible and easy as well for you

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Get a Raspberry Pi and start playing with some of the free libraries like Tensorflow.
There are good tutorials on youtube to help get you going.

I started with image recognition and got a demo going in about an hour.

Machine learning = bright career path with endless possibilities.
IoT = dumb fad that will die on the vine when people realize connecting toasters to the internet produces no value.

alex.will

Joined Jan 13, 2021
If you are new in this field start with basic knowledge about electronics components, modules, circuits, PCB etc. And learning about the basics of C language will give the foundation of programming.

Arduino is the easiest one, practice and play with this and go on to an advanced level. Then move to other technologies like Raspberry PI, ESP8266, STM, ARM, PIC, Robotics etc.