where to learn C/C++??

jonisonvespa

Joined Mar 25, 2012
hi
i have nearly finished my first arduino project and really enjoyed it have many projects i would like to make, and would really like to lean to program C/C++ properly could someone recommend me a good site to learn from and any tips greatly appreciated.
thank you

chrisw1990

Joined Oct 22, 2011
get a dev board - microchip or olimex or something on internet, plenty about, some have inbuilt debuggers - they are good! e.g.: DM320004 from microchip (looking at it right now)
then just jump in.. sounds stupid but i had relatively no experience in c, but looking at demo code im slowly getting there (but far from intermediate id say!)

letsbully

Joined Mar 23, 2012
The best way to learn is to think of a project you'd like to make and then write code for it. It will be a long, grueling process no matter what, but you will have learned a lot by the time you're finished. Use various online resources to get help. Chances are there is someone out there who has attempted to do something similar and asked questions you may already have. It's a good idea to search through forums like these for answers.

Can any one post a link to download C-compiler and editor..?? I used to use Turbo C long back and was pretty familiar with it.... It used to have context sensitive help... just take the cursor over the syntax and you could get the help about the syntax with examples.... But it doesnt seem to be working with Windows XP... Are there any editors/compilers for windows XP platform with similar, or better features....

Thanks...

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Try right clicking on the application icon and the drop down menu should offer a way to run the program in a compatibility mode for older DOS based programs.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
With the same DOS environment?? Mine is XP Service Pack 3... Does it matter...?? I used to use Turbo C on Win 98 Platform but eversince, I switched to XP, I've been facing problems.... :(...
It is a free program named dosbox (google it) That should allow you to run turbo C for dos. I use it to run old dos games like Lemmings