Where is the love of my life....Aleph(0)?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
HV gone awry in the lab, perhaps?
They largely got burned out on the constant hit and run trolling from a certain few members here and the too frequent of thread lockdowns that result from it to care to want to post much any more. No point trying to help if you're just going to get messed with by some mouthy over opinionated fools until they get the thread closed. (I can relate.) :(

That, and if I am understanding it correctly, they have more important real world work going on right now than gives them time to play lately.

(I chat with them through PM's a few times a week on average.) ;)

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Pretty inconvenient for his/her/their insistence that they are two different people.
Anyway I hope he/she/they is/are alright.
I'm pretty sure they are two people. Mother/daughter sort of friendship in a way given the apparent age spread. Mid 40's to mid 20's if I am remembering things right.

I've dealt with enough trolls running puppet accounts to be pretty good at picking out fake puppet personas now and not once have I had legitimate suspicion to either of them being one and the same, so if they are whomever he/she is has played the two personalities as true individuals masterfully, and for one hell of a long game, to say the least.

Not impossible but if true, dang respectable (and bizarre) for what's been put into it despite it serving no real reason whatsoever.

Especially when zero trolling agenda game play, as what almost always warrants one person running one or more fake personas on a forum, has ever been involved. ;)

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I'm pretty sure they are two people. Mother/daughter sort of friendship in a way given the apparent age spread. Mid 40's to mid 20's if I am remembering things right.

I've dealt with enough trolls running puppet accounts to be pretty good at picking out fake puppet personas now and not once have I had legitimate suspicion to either of them being one and the same, so if they are whomever he/she is has played the two personalities as true individuals masterfully, and for one hell of a long game, to say the least.

Not impossible but if true, dang respectable (and bizarre) for what's been put into it despite it serving no real reason whatsoever.

Especially when zero trolling agenda game play, as what almost always warrants one person running one or more fake personas on a forum, has ever been involved. ;)
Improbable as it may be, it's a suspicion I've had since day 1, and I haven't seen anything yet that makes me question it.

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Improbable as it may be, it's a suspicion I've had since day 1, and I haven't seen anything yet that makes me question it.
As I said. Not impossible but I can't see any purpose to it whatsoever and if so it's been well played for some time and with no apparent agenda I have ever came across in anyone else running such a dual persona on a forum.

My experiences have all been with two bit idiots trying to look like a majority in agreement over something unfounded, untrue and or just stupid the real base person can't factually and logically support on their own. That is all I have ever seen it used for and it's always been done poorly because the perpetrator was not that bright to begin with.

Someone intelligent playing the two parts for as long as these two have been members here and with no apparent ill will or other questionable intent just doesn't meet my present and known agendas. That's all.

They're most certainly equally quirky ( a good deal of my whole social group is made up of pleasantly unique types so I have just had less reason to question them) but so far I have never seen any ill will or less than honorable intent behind any of their actions and or interactions to raise my suspicions. So if they are one person playing to be two non trollish personas he/she most certainly has had me fooled well enough to not have me question them so far. ;)

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I have often suspected that Aleph and HP are the same people. The relationship is just too bizarre. Even between a mother and a daughter.

You really need to meet my long running friends and general regular social acquaintances then. Those two, and whatever they got going, would not raise an eyebrow in my range and scope of social circles. :p

(Probably why I have never questioned them and who they are or what they are up to. ) :oops:

Aleph(0)

Joined Mar 14, 2015
I say you all have too much time on your hands:rolleyes:! Anyhow since JC basically distroyed eht project until HP can devote undivided attention to it there's nothing for me to do:(! Sry it's no big conspiracy or like that to feed off of, it's just offline world being typical PITA as usual:rolleyes:

Being totally serious tnx for caring:)!

No posts for a long time. I am pining on the porch.
kl7aj I wouldn't wish myself on even myself:eek:! But thx for complement:cool:!

The relationship is just too bizarre. Even between a mother and a daughter.
Spiniker it's true that I revert to being a total kid around my parents in real world and _cyberspace_ both:oops:

I was just thinking that Hypatia's Protege has not been seen either .
Max.
HV gone awry in the lab, perhaps?
Pretty inconvenient for his/her/their insistence that they are two different people.
Anyway I hope he/she/they is/are alright.
Maxheadroom, joeyd999, strantor tnx for concern! So plz be happy cuz we're alive and well and totally two distinct non conjoined ppl:cool:

And my dictionary is getting lonely from disuse.
RichardO I say careful what u wish for! HP is trying to get my dad on here to basically hold down fort on eht thread and development of tutorials until she has time for it again! So he'll give your dictionary a run for its money too but cuz he's like Mr. Relaxation (not lazy just totally low key) I don't expect lots of progress on eht projects:( So @strantor and @spinnaker there's super high octane fuel for your conspiracy theories cuz ex spouses with incompatible personalities who basically get along is totally weirder than anything:p!

@tcmtech Tnx for heads up to this thread:)!

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Kind friends...

Firstly, please know that your interest and concern are greatly appreciated!

In the (admittedly unlikely:oops:) event that anyone yet cares, please be advised that we have not abandoned the EHT Tutorial series! -- Nor does our decreased participation on the fora owe to 'personalities' on the thread nor indeed to any on-list/AAC related circumstance...

It turns out that liability to breakage of the ferrite LOPT forms during disassembly of same has (quite understandably) led to extreme annoyance of certain test program participants -- One of whom became belligerent with JC to the point of a physical altercation - While I neither condone nor offer excuses for violence in response to 'hard words', JC was, nonetheless, sorely provoked!:mad: -- For the benefit of those having viewed Aleph's post as regards this matter (on our 'EHT thread') please know that said incident was significantly more 'complicated' than mere 'gallant' defense of myself on JC's part...

Unfortunately the 'takeaway' in the eyes of a significant number of program particapants is tantamount to: "Give us good reviews or take a beating"o_O -- Hence my suspension of the test program pending location of a more 'even tempered' coordinator and --most of all-- development of a 'ferrite friendly' method of defeating the adhesive...

Sadly, such must needs wait until (perhaps) next summer inasmuch as I've a lot on for the foreseeable future...:(

At considerable risk of presumption - I offer many sincere thanks for your continued patience...

With genuine abashment
HP:oops:

HP is trying to get my dad on here to basically hold down fort on eht thread and development of tutorials until she has time for it again!
That's as may be at this point -- tho I daresay a few words from you may well expedite matters?:cool:

cuz he's like Mr. Relaxation (not lazy just totally low key) I don't expect lots of progress on eht projects:(
Don't be too certain! IMNSHO less intensity may well be the 'specific':)

I believe the not infrequent cruelty of nature shall never cease to appall me...:(

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
It turns out that liability to breakage of the ferrite LOPT forms during disassembly of same has (quite understandably) led to extreme annoyance of certain test program participants -- One of whom became belligerent with JC to the point of a physical altercation - While I neither condone nor offer excuses for violence in response to 'hard words', JC was, nonetheless, sorely provoked!:mad: -- For the benefit of those having viewed Aleph's post as regards this matter (on our 'EHT thread') please know that said incident was significantly more 'complicated' than mere 'gallant' defense of myself on JC's part...
Does this mean there are more than two people in the world that knows what the heck you are discussing in that thread? :p