Where can I get this type of connector for a HV transformer?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by electronice123, Jul 17, 2009.

  1. electronice123

    Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

    Oct 10, 2008
    I need to find a single pin High voltage connector that will be part of a HV transformer. The connector can be seen below at the photobucket link, I have not been able to find where to get this type of connector and wire for it.

    I need the connector to handle 40kV. The size, I need it to be about 1/2"-1 1/2" tall maximum. And a diameter smaller than 1/2" as the transformer is quite small and I need 4 of these to fit on each side.


    I was also wondering if there's any other type of connector I could use, or if I could make my own and coat them with corona dope???

    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Steve C

    Active Member

    Nov 29, 2008
    that connector looks like an RF feedthrough. Used frequently in plasma chambers to get power in and out without breaking vacuum or grounding your RF power where you dont want it to be grounded.

    the first hit on bing for RF conncetors is:


    looks like a promising place to start research.