Where can I get Linux from?

chrischristian

Joined Feb 22, 2008
Does any one know that from where one can download setup ( .exe) kind of easy installation file for linux?, preferably of Fedora Core, and I want a full OS.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Linux doesn't come as an executable - it is a stand alone OS installation. You will need to download the ISO from the Fedora site beenthere linked to and then burn a disk image of the OS - this will be your installer disk or LiveCD.

Dave

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
I would advocate the Ubuntu distro. It is an excellent distro. The best so far in my opinion.

You can order two CDs for free. I ordered one for 32bit platforms and other from 64bit platforms. It allows you to try Linux before installing, and you can even check if the CD is damaged. It even runs on Windows (but only to demonstrate a few applications).

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I would advocate the Ubuntu distro. It is an excellent distro. The best so far in my opinion.

You can order two CDs for free. I ordered one for 32bit platforms and other from 64bit platforms. It allows you to try Linux before installing, and you can even check if the CD is damaged. It even runs on Windows (but only to demonstrate a few applications).
Have you considered looking at Linux Mint? It is Ubuntu, so it has all the usability of Ubuntu, but with a much more polished UI and developed to be more media friendly with bundling a wide range of codecs for practically all media needs.

A friend of mine suggested it so I gave the LiveCD a go a couple of weeks back - I was blown away by how good it was. Highly recommended.

Dave