Where can I browse through Open Source PCBs & download the Gerber files?

acthomas

Joined May 9, 2016
What is the best place for me to download Open Source PCB Gerber files that I could then modify and have manufactured?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
How are you going to modify gerbers? That is a very tedious job and you basically can´t do any major changes. You need to download the original design files and have the proper program. And no, I never heard of any place with multiple projects to be downloaded, only some small projects that provide the design files. Is there some specific device you want, or why do you want just the gerber files of any pcb?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
What is the best place for me to download Open Source PCB Gerber files that I could then modify and have manufactured?
Are you assuming standard PCBs exist for various projects or consumer products?

http://dirtypcbs.com/view.php has some customer's diy projects posted and you can order the boards that they had previously produced but there is
- no way to modify a Gerber,
- no way to know exactly how the board is intended to work
- no way to know all the component values (unless lucky enough to find a designer who put labels on the board
- no way to figure out / re-design the firmware for any microcontrollers used in the project.
- no way to know any connections to off-board parts and response from the off-board parts

And so much more...

Last edited:

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
well now, there's an interesting concept. Given the general design of some circuits, we share schematics, why not circuit board designs?

Basic power supply designs. Bridge rectifier to LM317 with the option of a booster transistor.
LM555 astable multivibrator with a kluge area.
Differential amplifier
Active filter
Plus and minus supply using LM78xx and LM79xx regulators.
Kluge boards
Breadboard support circuits

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Just modify the schematic and board design, then make your own Gerber's. My design program (Eagle) makes Gerber's in a few seconds, if that from the .brd file.

John

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Most of the PCB manuf. either sell open source boards or their own various misc designs, one of these may fit the bill?
Oshpark, Itead, DirtyPCB etc.
Max.