Thanks! Why is differential input considered such an advantage?All the time. A bit of overstatement. In some applications the op amp may be overkill. Limitations of op amp.
* hard to get frequency response over 100 k hz ( but there are some video op amps that go much faster.
* output current in range of 10's of ma. Use transistor for boost.
* differential input
* high input imped. ( for most common types )
* low parts count
* simple equations for predicting output
* useful in wide variety of circuits.
* response from 0 hz.
by Luke James
by Jake Hertz
by Robert Keim