Wheatstone bridge simulation in PSPICE

Jebasingh

Joined Mar 1, 2011
Hi all,

I need to simulate the strain gage connected in the wheatstone bridge, kindly helpme out how to carry the simulation in Pspice.

Regards
Jeba

nickagian

Joined Mar 12, 2010
Hi all,

I need to simulate the strain gage connected in the wheatstone bridge, kindly helpme out how to carry the simulation in Pspice.

Regards
Jeba
Hi Jeba,

what exactly do you want to simulate? I think there is no way to automatically simulate directly the effect of an applied strain to the output of the bridge. All you can do is put a fixed resistor in the place of the gage and either as a parameter or manually you can change its value and see the output of the bridge. In order to know what value to put the resistor, you have to know the relationship between the strain and the gage's resistance. And for this, all you have to know is the gage factor (GF) of the gage. Then

ΔR/R0 = GF x ε

and from this relationship you find the resistance of the gage at given strain values.

Nikos

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
Hi Jeba,

what exactly do you want to simulate? I think there is no way to automatically simulate directly the effect of an applied strain to the output of the bridge. All you can do is put a fixed resistor in the place of the gage and either as a parameter or manually you can change its value and see the output of the bridge. In order to know what value to put the resistor, you have to know the relationship between the strain and the gage's resistance. And for this, all you have to know is the gage factor (GF) of the gage. Then

ΔR/R0 = GF x ε

and from this relationship you find the resistance of the gage at given strain values.

Nikos
I agree. Fortunately, you can make ε your independent variable if you parameterize ΔR.

Jasonlim

Joined Mar 3, 2011
just as Nickagian said, you look for a resistor in place of the gage. Get the resistance from the bridge formula. You need also to find the relationship between the determined resistance and your gage parameters.

Jebasingh

Joined Mar 1, 2011
Hi Nikos Thanks for your reply

I need to keep the four resistances in wheatstone bridge network and to do parameter sweep for all the four resistances at the same time i.e i need to change all the four resistances and to get the bridge output.

Is it possible?

Regards
Jebasingh